Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Tick Tock Times

September 2nd 2010

A blog. What the hell am I doing here? Who would have thought I would ever talk about myself to anyone? Well I will try my best to keep all of you potential readers entertained while I ramble on about my life.

Why the Tick Tock Times you ask. Well I was just trying to think of a snazy catchy name but also it applies to my life. Right now I have lots of stuff going on and I find myself keeping track of times and dates more than I ever have before. On my agenda currently is to do a senior project on learning to blow glass, take an SAT/ACT prep class, take the SAT, take the ACT, get into a good college, apply to said collages so I can maybe achieve getting in, be president of Drama club, make a Snowboard/Ski club, be involved in MANA club, and somehow stay afloat in two AP classes and two Honors classes. These all requre emmense amounts of time and planning. That is what the name means but where did i get the idea, well i got it from a line of a poem I wrote for my 11th grade English class. I will post the poem in full length when i become not so lazy but the particular line is "Watching the slow tick tock, of the classroom clock".

I was just thinking on the reason I decided to start a blog and I guess I would say I need a release from that slow tick tock of the classroom clock and have a place to get my thoughts and feelings out to no one in particular.

Lets talk about humor and the role its role in my life. I try to be a funny guy. I get genuine deep gratification and joy when i can make people laugh or smile. I have a constant supply of funny pictures on hand to show people if they are in the mood as you can see by example. I will do anything and everything to make someone find the bright side of life especially if they are feeling down. Being happy will keep a person sane and people need a random guy to come cheer them up with a "Random question of the day" or a cheesy joke. It just seems natural to me to try to help someone if they need it and since humor is my strong point that is what I use to help. I may just seem spontaneous and quirky but as soon as I deem it necessary that a person needs cheering my mind starts to think of ways to make a joke.

Awkwardness. That is something that describes me. There is something in that social atmosphere that just doesn't click with me. Don't get me wrong, I am a very very social person it is just little things that get me for no apparent reason. Like hugging or really touching anyone at all past a handshake of fist bump. I just don't know how. I get super uncomfortable in a touching situation and am constantly aware of the other person and how my slight movements might disturb their hug or leaning up against me. Football players are notorious for making me awkward. They have absolutely no problem slapping my ass or touching my chest and for them it really is just them trying to be friendly. People always ask why I flinch and I honestly do not know. Someone will bring their arm up towards me and I will instantly throw mine up to block it.

The art of Random. In this blog as you might be able to tell I do not plan to write a narrative but rather excerpts of thoughts as I think them. Randomness is a beautiful thing I think. What is better than something that catches you off guard? That millisecond where the brain steps out of the logical pathway it was embarking on and transitions to the new thought or idea just thrown upon the table. Take the word Quarter for example. I just pulled that off the top of my head and as soon as you saw that word your brain could have gone in a multitude of directions. Am I talking about US currency, or a football game? Or a bag of weed? Or maybe you have a more abstract or ADD mind and you started to think about the letter Q since it was the one capitalized and you really just don't care for quarter as a whole word. Why that rant? well I enjoy the human mind and my mind and where it can take me.

Oh and by the way I'm Tyler. Till the next tick tock of the clock, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment