Monday, September 6, 2010

Bawk Bawk Boom

I have to do a project for English on one word in the English language. What word should I choose? Something elegant or pristine. Or maybe something with zest and flare. But I disregarded those notions and went with the word "Chicken". The simple reason being that I'll I'm gonna have to do is slap a bunch of chicken pictures on to a poster board and bring in Glen or Glenda.

Who are these mysterious figures you ask? Well Glen and Glenda are my fake stuffed rooster(Glen) and chicken(Glenda). Now they are a very odd thing to have but there is a story behind them. One year on the drive to my summer camp, camp broadstone, my mother was trying to get an idea of what I wanted in a care package that she was going to send. She suggested a rubber chicken and I responded with "I don't want that fake rubber crap.". She then asked if I would prefer a real chicken. I laughed it off and said yes, believing that she would not go through the trouble of getting a real chicken. Boy was I wrong and here is the proof that scared the shit out of the counselor opening my package.

I think I now want to talk about one of my favorite places of all time, Camp Broadstone. I went to this camp for two weeks every summer for six summers. It is really hard to explain but I feel like I am me, personality and all, because of this camp. It was the only place in the world where I really acted like myself, no holding back for fear of social wrongdoings. I have a lot of friends and such but this place really stood out for me because I really was the most popular kid there.

I conquered my fear of heights there, made friend for that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life, had tons of fun, had my own nickname which is crazy "Chocolate Boy", and learned some life lessons. I just don't even know where to start on it so maybe I'll just leave it at that. You don't need all those details that will only cast a shadow on the actual event. Just know I love that place and all the people there.

Until the next tick tock of the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment